Focus & Organization: In a convenient location, keep handy the items that will assist you in maximizing your home search efforts. Such items may include:
1. One or more detailed maps with your areas of interest highlighted.
2. A file of the properties that your agent has shown to you, along with ads you have cut out from the newspaper.
3. Paper and pen, for taking notes as you search.
4. Instant or video camera to help refresh your memory on individual properties, especially if you are attending a series of showings.
5. Location: Look at a potential property as if you are the seller. Would a prospective buyer find it attractive based on school district, crime rate, proximity to positive (shopping, parks, freeway access) and negative (abandoned properties, garbage dump, source of noise) features of the area?